I think Star Wars also didn’t begin with the first part of the saga, and even though I know absolutely nothing about Star Wars and a blog about scale modeling isn’t exactly a saga, I have reasons to start off with my third kit purchase. As I’ve said I want to spend a seperate blog to my first build attempt. There are some developments regarding this third kit though, so I’m getting right into that one.
So, a short while ago in a living room not so far away..
..I opened up my third purchased kit in just a couple of weeks. Just like my first kit this was Revell 03927, a 1/32 scale Spitfire Mk. IXc by Revell.
I picked up the habit of checking the box content after seeing YouTube member ‘International British Builder’ (check the links for his excellent YouTube channel) doing it and actually finding some incorrectly filled boxes. The contents of this box were complete.. however I noticed some nasty misformed details on the leftside of the fuselage:
Initially I just noticed the white line and the outsticking part which has rivet detail on it.. even I would trust myself to be able to get rid of that part and sand it. However the rivet detail I am not sure still at this point how to get it back at around the same level of quality the original part has and I started making photo’s to send to my supplier.
Then I noticed that actually the entire side of the rear end of the cockpit was sticking out.. hence the white line.
The next day I got a card from my supplier with contact details of the head of customer service of Revell.. Sent him a mail on friday evening 6pm, got a reply on monday morning 9am saying it was no problem to send a new part.
So today I picked it up. The lady at the mail order company must have thought I was an idiot when I started smiling at seeing her enter with a Revell box like it was an old friend I hadn’t seen for 10 years. Ofcourse I didn’t have the patience to wait until I was home.
Ofcourse the replacement part looks fine.
I wasn’t too optimistic at the prospect of having to rely on Revell’s customer service, particulairly after some bad experience Internation British Modeler has had with them. But I have to say there was absolutely no trouble getting a new part, in fact it was incredibly quick service!
My original plan was for this to be my second kit, but in the meantime I have started another kit, on which I will also spend a seperate blog.
For now I am tired so it’s time for some rest. Hopefully I’ll have some energy later to get some actual modeling done.