Pins and needles WO WO WO

Coming week I’ll be doing some work on all the smaller parts, since I broke my airbrush needle today.. I have managed to get the underside sprayed in light gray which I didn’t take a picture of since it is barely visible even with the naked eye.

I also did the upside in a gray  all-over, so I could apply the green camo.


However when I started doing that today, it was clear that the ‘progressive action’ 0.35mm needle is not fine enough for the camo job. Besides that, I noticed the airbrush needed a cleaning too because the flow wasn’t great, and while cleaning it fell on the floor.. right on the tip, which obviously is bent now!

I ordered new stuff from Ultimate Modeling Products. Obviously a new 0.35mm needle, along with a 0.2mm needle and conversion kit for the finer details. Since I will be spending much on shipping I also purchased a metal airbrush cap, some more airbrush cleaner (I really love the stuff!) and a ‘photo-etch placer’. The last item could be a bit of trash, but for not even 3 quid who cares?

Placer_b_copy_1024x1024 (2)

So it looks like I won’t be able to continue work on the camo the coming week, but there is plenty of small stuff that needs to be prepped for primer. Depending on the amount of damage on the current needle I might even be able to apply primer.

Groetjes,
Dan

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s