Just a tiny, tiny little blog as I am thinking about how to solve the pickle I put myself in back in 2017.
I had troubles with the exhaust back then, and as part of the solution I glued the entire engine block in the fuselage so I could attach the exhaust pipes again. I couldn’t make that work at the time because I didn’t use the right glue, but when I finally picked up the kit last week after 5 years I fixed it pretty quickly, although not perfectly.
However.. why did I glue the block to the fuselage in the first place? I probably could have done the same without doing so, and I wouldn’t have to mask off the insanely fragile engine block to be able to apply primer on this kit.
Ok, so thinking in terms of solutions: it seems to me I have to carefully remove the entire engine block. After that I have the green gun-cowling that I can attempt to mask off, although I would absolutely not be surprised if it would flake off after all this time.
I’ve also sort of decided on which paint/livery I am going for:
The Revell version of this kit also has a unit of this regiment:
I don’t know if it would make sense for these 2 to ever ‘meet’ each other, but right now I have very blurry visions of a diorama with these 2 little planes.
Also: 2 white planes means it’s going to be weathering galore. That seems essential with white planes.